The Community Garden is now accepting applications for the 2020 Season!
Please send us an email if you’d like to join our garden.
Thank you for your interest in joining the community gardens! Please read the garden information and rules before beginning the application process. If garden spaces are currently full, we still encourage those who wish to obtain a garden plot to submit an application as each year has a turnover of gardeners who for one reason or another are not coming back for the next season.
Garden Membership Overview
Community Garden Program provides:
- Water (regulated by the city and weather conditions)
- Free, unlimited mulch for pathways
- Tools & wheelbarrows on site
Gardeners are responsible for:
- Annual program participation fee
- 4 hours (or more) of community service assistance for the garden per plot per year
- A clearly worked, weeded and harvested plot all growing season
- Clear, weed-free, mulched pathways around their plot
- Organic fertilizer
- Sprinklers or drip irrigation systems
- Hand tools
- Any additional plot needs
- Maintaining current address, phone numbers and email address with the garden board
Garden rules may be read here: Garden Rules
Garden Code of Conduct may be read here: Garden Code of Conduct
Please read the rules carefully. It is a significant commitment of time and energy to be part of a community garden. ALL GARDENERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR BEING FAMILIAR WITH AND FOLLOWING ALL GARDEN RULES.
Ready to Apply?
Fill Out Online Application: 2020 ONLINE GARDEN APPLICATION
Download Application: 2020 GARDEN APPLICATION
City of Glenwood Springs Garden Waiver – Must send notarized with your application
(UPS and all banks in town have a notary on staff to help perform this service)
Questions: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: Send to PO Box 4534, Glenwood Springs, CO 81602
We are looking forward to another great year in the garden and having you join us!
2020 Board Members
President: Sarah Nieto
Vice President: John Gorman
Treasurer: April Walker
Secretary: Joe Bob Bower
On-site Garden Manager: Karen Garrison
Fundraising: Nikki Seelye
Education and Community Outreach: OPEN